Thursday, February 11, 2010

Love At First Sight

I never believe in love at first sight until the day I met you
Instantly I had a crush on you
We started out texting before we started talking
It was like a secret affair before we went public
As we did not mentioned anything to anyone

You taught me how to love and not to hate
You taught me to be responsible upon myself
You showed me how the impossible becomes I M Possible
You told me to be strong even when you yourself was feeling down

I've seen the many facade of you even in a short period
I've grown to love you more as the days goes by
The pretty eyes that never fails to sparkle
The cheeky face that is often so adorable
I felt in love everytime when I see that face

But things started to have a turning point
As much as I tried to ignore it, it never goes away
The arguments were more frequent than ever
You and I both hated arguments
And finally, things had come to an end faster than I could imagine

You gave up despite all that we have been through
I hated you at first, but it did not last
For my love for you was far too strong

You often told me not to make you my everything
I listened but never try to make an effort
And thus here I am feeling lost
Days passed and the road ahead was nothing but rough
It was often dark and rainy days
For I could not control my emotions and cope with the stress

Now that you are in the arms of someone else
I have to learn to deal with it
For I do not exist in your eyes anymore
You've said before what matters is not the past but the present and future

I may never be the same girl I used to be
For I believe that everything happens for a reason
In fact I should not be a girl anymore
I have to grow up and become a young lady
An independent and responsible young lady

You used to teach me how to become a young lady
Stopping me from looking at things that don't suit my age
Teaching me to be lady like instead of being boyish
To me, you really are a someone special
One that I won't forget and might never encounter again

As much as I do not want to, I have to
Learn to let go of the past, learn to let go of the pain
A friend of mine once told me, "What's not yours will never be yours"
I couldn't agree more
For I believe, "What is yours will always be yours no matter what"

I have tried my best and now its time to move on
Open up my mind to see how beautiful this world can be
There is more to love that matters
Taking into account the little little things that might seem unimportant

I must be brave to walk again even if I might fall again
I must learn to move forward and not hold back
As much as I'm afraid, I'm still learning
Just like learning to ride a bicycle

You've made an impact in my life
And it has changed me in some way
Thank you for everything

-Always & Forever-

Before I end the post for the day, I would like to wish all my dear readers a Happy Chinese New Year and Happy Valentine's Day. May we all be blessed with unconditional love and abundance of red packets. =)
And a new playlist with my favourite love songs. Enjoy~~~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend,

I've been reading your blog once in a while. It seems that you did not keep your word! You said that time (somewhere a few months back) that t-h-a-t will be the last post about "HIM"..and yet, now you have a post about HIM a-g-a-i-n!!!

Anyway, I know it's hard for you. Just take your time to heal. Time heals. Do hope that you can look at the bright side of life. There are things that you might overlook. So, open up your mind!

Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl. I really found this to be a very touching post. The past months must have been tough for you. They always say, everything happens for a reason. I hope that this reason, though it may not be clear what it is, would be like light to guide you through this darkness you currently experience.
Take care, friend..